Re: Copying the .mdb file when ACLog is operating

Scott Davis

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your e-mail.  In addition to the backup on close option built into AC Log, I don't know of any reason you could not copy the log as frequently as you like as well.

From: Rick Harkins WØYGH <rick.harkins@...>
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Wed, Oct 21, 2020 9:18 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Copying the .mdb file when ACLog is operating

I'd like to make a copy of the log file every 'x' minutes while operating out at the park. I'd hate to lose a couple of hundred QSOs if my laptop chose the worst possible moment to die.

Your documents say that the file should be fine if the computer reboots while ACLog is running. Is it fair to say that if I were to copy the .mdb file to removable media while ACLog is running, that copy will likely be usable? I realize that if I copy in the middle of a write the copy will probably be corrupt. In that case I'd have to go back to a prior copy.

Is there a better way to get 'real time' backups of the log file, and not wait for the program to be closed?

Thanks,
Rick WØYGH