There's been lots going on at N3FJP Software headquarters! Chris, KB3KCN and I are developing a new installation method that will affect all our software and we are adding support for the WW Digi contest, too!
We are at a point in the process where we really need your help testing both. Briefly:
- We have been vetted and granted a code signing certificate. Future releases of our software, including the WW Digi software that we need you to test now, will be digitally signed as Affirmatech Inc. You will still see the Windows SmartScreen window right after new releases, but it should reduce other warnings you receive, depending on the Internet protection software that you use.
- Each program will automatically alert you when an upgrade is available.
- The upgrade path will be far easier - literally one click - after you install the next release of each of our programs. No more need to uninstall from Windows Control Panel!
Your Testing Steps:
Everything is working fine here, but we really need as many folks testing this as possible. We definitely want any anomalies with test contest data, not any real data, so please help us with the following test:
1. Please install the WW Digi software (it will install as version 0.8):
2. Enter some test contacts (and give the WW Digi software a good test while you are at it)
3. Let me know that you have entered some test data
(either here or direct (snkdavis@...)) and that you are ready for Phase II of the test.
4. I will make a change on the web site, after I have heard from enough folks for a good test, so that the software knows an upgrade is available next time you start it,
5. I will ask you to start the software when we are ready for Phase II. If all goes well, it will alert you to a new version and give you the option to upgrade.
6. Click the upgrade button (it should restart automatically as 0.9 and the test QSOs you entered in 0.8 should come right up).
7. Please us know how you make out!!!
All, please give this a go. Thanks in advance!
Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.