Re: mass editing existing log entries
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
Thanks for your e-mail. If the records don't currently have any value in the Comments field, please do this:
- Back up your log
- Select the records you would like to add a comment for
- Click File > Export ADIF and enter a comment when prompted.
- Delete the records you exported.
- Click File > Import ADIF and select the file that you exported.
- Click File > Sort Log on Date (if you wish).
This will only work if the Comments field of the records you are exporting is currently empty. Otherwise, you will need a program such as ADIF Master to do the bulk edits.
From: Bill Seward <w4ext@...>
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>
Sent: Sat, Oct 17, 2020 11:33 am
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] mass editing existing log entries
I made a mistake during a contest and didn’t use the appropriate contest logger-just used ACLog. I want to mass edit all the log entries from this contest to insert a comment indicating these are contest log entries. I can select all the entries, but you can’t edit. Is there a way to do this within the program?