Re: CAQP software

Joseph Miller

Thank you Steve. This is not a rule that I am not accustomed to for in-state operation, and I don't like it either. But the rules are the rules.

Thanks again and good luck,

73 de Joe KJ8O

On Sat, Oct 3, 2020 at 10:37 AM AI3KS <AI3KS.01@...> wrote:
Joe,

From the rules page:

"MULTIPLIERS:
A. California Stations (Maximum of 58 Multipliers)
Count U.S. states (50) and Canadian areas (8): MR, QC, ON, MB, SK, AB, BC and NT where:
  • MR = Maritime provinces plus Newfoundland and Labrador (NB, NL, NS, PE)
  • NT = Northern Territories (NT, NU, YT)

Note: Although the “CA” abbreviation is not used as a multiplier in this contest, the first valid CA county logged will count as the multiplier for California.  California stations must log all CA contacts with their 4-letter county abbreviation; everything else as two characters, including "DX" for all stations outside of the U.S. and Canada."

If I am reading this correctly, it looks like CA stations only count for QSO points for in-state stations, so the calculation is correct.

Steve, AI3KS

On 20/10/03 13:23, Joseph Miller wrote:
Hello Scott,

Maybe I messed up somewhere but I am using the in-state version of the Cal QSO Party software.

As I send this, I have contacts in 4 states and 6 counties and 10 contacts. My score shows as 80 (20 QSO points X 4 states). Shouldn't it read 200 (20 QSO points X 10 states and counties)?

Just wondering.

73 de Joe Miller KJ8O/W6 since 2018

--
***  Avoid internet congestion, real radio uses airwaves.  ***

Joe Miller, KJ8O
Desert Hot Springs, CA
Locator DM13sw