Re: N7YG Digital Engine and ACL were working perfectly, and then...

Lawrence (VA3IQ)

Jeff,

Had a few minutes to look at this.  This may or may not apply:

Thanks again for the great app and support.

Lawrence

On Tue, Sep 29, 2020 at 7:31 PM Jeff Steinkamp <n7yg@...> wrote:

Evidently, I need to do some further

research on this.

Lawrence Dobranski wrote on 9/29/2020

08:36:

Jeff,

I can

confirm Bob’s findings.  I installed MS Office and the stdole.dll not

found error is no longer present where re-installing Digital Engine.

Thanks for everyone’s assistance!

74 de VA3IQ

Lawrence

On Tue, Sep 29,

2020 at 10:23 AM <n3bd@...> wrote:
Hi, Jeff.

Thanks for your help.  It

appears to me that stdole.dll is not installed on a machine until

Microsoft Office is installed.  I didn't do an exhaustive search, but it

also appears that there's no legitimate source of stdole.dll on the

Internet.  Since I did not have Microsoft Office installed on my logging

computer, I did not have stdole.dll installed either.  Once I installed

Microsoft Office, the Digital Engine version 6.3.2.3 update installed

and ran fine.

Best regards,

Bob Denny, N3BD

--