Re: FLdigi, CW RTTY DX, and Cabrillo -- State problems

Larry Krist

There was a problem with FLDIGI  version 4.1.14 which acted just like you described, Version 4.0.9 worked like it should when paired with the CW WW RTTY logger 2.2. During the contest, Dave fixed FLDIGI and made available for download version 4.1.14.60 which solved all the problems. Sorry you missed the post here on the reflector. Hope you had fun.

Larry  N8CWU

On 9/27/2020 9:12 PM, Robert Butera wrote:
Help!

2 odd problems using the CW WW RTTY logger (ver 2.2) with FLDIGI (4.1.14) this weekend. Windows 10 machine.

1) Logging. For some reason, while Fldigi records the state, in ACLog the state appears gray and does not get logged. So all throughout the contest, I had to manual switch apps, edit each entry, and type the state in.

I can deal with that (I used Fldigi with N3FJP all the time and never had a problem like this). I am not a high speed contestr so I just updated the US entries.

2) Writing the Cabrillo File. The generated Cabrillo file has "DX" instead of the state for all the US entries. I do not think this is related to #1 above. I manually added a few US and Canadian entries to test this idea. All the Canadian entries (whether added directly by me or imported from fldigi) had the province correctly output in the Cabrillo file. However, All the US entries still had "DX" in the cabrillo file where the state abbreviation should be.