Re: Where does ACLog get the state for County_Sent when it exports an ADIF?

Scott Davis

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your follow up.  In answer to your questions:
Am I correct in understanding from your note that ACLog will not natively export the ADIF My_Cnty tag?
Correct, while AC Log will import a properly formatted My_County tags, it wasn't designed with the ability to export it in ADIF in mind.  This is the first time in nearly a quarter century that someone has asked about it, but I will give it some thought for the future.  Thinking out loud... the challenge is that two fields are required, (state and county) and AC Log doesn't save the users My_State value with each QSO record.  Redesigning the .mdb file would introduce a whole host of challenges (folks upgrading, as well as all contest program references), so it's probably not something that will make the future projects list (until / unless we do another complete rewrite).

Do you have a recommendation for where and how we should store the 'activated county' (i.e. the values appropriate for My_Cnty) information in ACLog?

Sorry no, AC Log will store the My_Cnty field, but it won't export it, so that won't get you where you want to go.

I am not familiar with ADIF Master.  Perhaps you could export the associated QSOs with each QTH and then add the My_Cnty info there.  I know that sounds like more work than you want.

I'm sorry that I didn't have the answer you were hoping for.

Thanks for the quick explanation reply!   The 'situation' involves a club call.  The call's QSOs are maintained in ACLog by the call trustee... who also manages all of the interactions with LoTW for the club call.   In a recent QSO party one of the club members used the club call to activate 26 counties and logged everything in N1MM.  We were hoping we could import an ADIF from N1MM into ACLog (with an appropriate transformation of the 4 letter county abbreviations to full county names) and then use TQSL's ability to use the ADIF My_Cnty tag with one TQSL location record and the 'Override Station Location with QTH details from your log' TQSL option.   Our current option involves 26 location records and manually selecting each county's QSOs in ACLog... and uploading them to LoTW (selecting the appropriate TQSL location record).  Of course we first have to figure out the 'right' place to store the activated county in each ACLog QSO entry so we will be able to identify the records by county for uploading.
Am I correct in understanding from your note that ACLog will not natively export the ADIF My_Cnty tag?
Do you have a recommendation for where and how we should store the 'activated county' (i.e. the values appropriate for My_Cnty) information in ACLog?
Thanks,  Rick - K5GZR