Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2020 19:22
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Database Error

Larry -- W1DYJ

Then explain to me why Programs like N7YG PKExpress and his Digital RTTY Engine work 100% of the time when logging to ACLog or one of the Contest Logs and JTALert causes Database errors to pop on ACLog. I have signed up with the Support group for JTAlert. I now believe that the problem is in JTALert. A little background. WSIT-X and JTAlert reside on Computer #1. ACLog resides on Computer #2. In the JTAlert the ACLog Interface under ACLog you have Auto or Manual. If I click on Auto nothing happens. Thus I use the Manual Mode. Here you enter the IP Address and Port Number of ACLog. You also have to put in the physical path for the ACLog Database. I am using two different computers. The computer that JTAlert is on can see the other computer as an Network Drive. thus I had to enter the path to the ACLog Database using the Network Drive Path. I think this is where the problem lies. The reason for this is both of N7YG's programs use the N3FJP API and ONLY require the IP Address and Port Number. They DO NOT require a physical Path to the ACLog Database.

JoAnn Donaldson - AB8YZ

On Thursday, September 10, 2020, 4:43:56 PM CDT, Scott Davis via groups.io <snkdavis@...> wrote:

Thanks for the good report that rebooting corrected your problem Rebecca and thank you for your help.  I apologize for incorrectly picking up your name in my reply to JoAnn.

Thanks again!