Re: Database Error

Larry Banks

Hi JoAnn,

Scott is correct.  It is not his software.  It is also not the JTAlert software.  Most of us have no problem downloading any of this software.  The anti-virus software companies flag anything they think MIGHT be suspicious.  They are all false positives for Scott’s SW.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2020 15:59
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Database Error

Scott,
  I can not believe you went the route that many Tech Support use. IT IS NOT OUR SOFTWARE BUT COULD BE YOUR INTERNET ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE.

I have narrowed it down to JTALert. I have uninstalled the Version I was using and installed the latest version. I will so some more testing and see if the New Version fixed the problem.

Rebecca, N4EFS also reported this problem when downloading from LOTW. I also had this error pop up on a LOTW Download.

JoAnn Donaldson - AB8YZ
On Wednesday, September 9, 2020, 6:18:45 PM CDT, Rebecca Milligan <rebeccamilligan@...> wrote:

Hi JoAnn,

I apologize if this is a repeat question or dumb question.  Have you rebooted your computer since receiving the error? 

I ask because I updated to the new version of ACLog and received the same error as you when I tried downloading the latest LoTW confirmations.  The error went away after I rebooted my laptop.

Rebecca, N4EFS

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io [mailto:N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io] On Behalf Of JoAnn Donaldson via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, September 9, 2020 6:48 PM
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io

This seems to only happen mostly when using WSJT-X/JTALert. it only happen once with LOTW.  If I use N7YG PKExpressSE or his Digital RTTY Engine, I have NO problem Logging to ACLog or any of the other Contest Loggers. So Norton is NOT interfering with it.

JoAnn Donaldson - AB8YZ

On Wednesday, September 9, 2020, 5:43:36 PM CDT, JoAnn Donaldson via groups.io <joannplano2005@...> wrote:

Do you happen to know how to get around this problem?

JoAnn Donaldson - AB8YZ

On Wednesday, September 9, 2020, 4:34:14 PM CDT, Scott Davis via groups.io <snkdavis@...> wrote:

Hi JoAnn,

Thanks for your follow up.  Many of the functions you describe were not affected by the update, there have been no other problem reports and all is working fine here, so something unique to your system is at play.  My only guess is that your Internet protection software is sporadically clamping down on the program. 

73, Scott

N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>
Sent: Wed, Sep 9, 2020 4:24 pm

it used to work all the time before I did the last ACLog Update. even when JTAlert could not do the Read Back, ACLog would log the entry. Then I did the last ACLog update and now sometimes it works but mostly I get the error. Now I am getting the error when I do a download from LOTW.

JoAnn - AB8YZ

On Wednesday, September 9, 2020, 1:27:14 PM CDT, Scott Davis via groups.io <snkdavis@...> wrote:

Hi JoAnn,

My software will not accept null values, so if that is what WSJT is transferring, yes.

Make sure all the values are valid before transferring and you will be all set.

Enjoy!

73, Scott

N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

Sent: Wed, Sep 9, 2020 1:10 pm

Is the same thing happening in my case?

joAnn Donaldson - AB8YZ

On Wednesday, September 9, 2020, 11:55:17 AM CDT, Scott Davis via groups.io <snkdavis@...> wrote:

Hi Marshall,

Thanks for sending along the file direct.  The WO6A record has null values in the Time On field, This throws off the import character count and introduces other problems on successive, properly formatted records.  I doubt null characters are ADIF compliant, but once things settle down, I will see if I can carve out some time to work on code to check for that anomaly on import.

Capture.JPG

In the mean time, you can just correct the time on for that one record and then import the entire file.  It imports fine after making that one correction.

Enjoy!

73, Scott

N3FJP

Sent: Wed, Sep 9, 2020 6:38 am

Hi Marshall,

Thanks, but I didn't receive the ADIF file here.  You might try sending it direct.

73, Scott

N3FJP

To: n3fjpsoftwareusers@groups.io <n3fjpsoftwareusers@groups.io>
Sent: Tue, Sep 8, 2020 11:27 pm

Here is the ADIF file I'm having trouble with.  It always starts with an error for the contact with W6OA.  I've imported lots of ADIF files but it's choking on an entry in the ADIF file from last year.  This problem just started recently.  Nothing on this end has changed such as I am using a new computer or operating system. 

Thanks for all the work you do to make this log so good!   73!  

Join N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.