From: Jim Shorney
To: n3fjp
Sent: September 5, 2020 at 4:00 PM
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Maybe wrong place for ?

Yes! There does seem to be a lack of intellectual curiosity regarding exploring the menu system of the software of the day and saying "oooh, what does THAT do?". I suppose people are afraid of breaking things. Whatever did hams do before the internet? With only a copy of the "handbook", our own ingenuity, and hopefully a helpful Elmer or two we still managed to get signals on the air! :D 73 -Jim NU0C On Sat, 05 Sep 2020 16:20:43 -0400 "Gary Woods" wrote: > I often find out useful things about software by rummaging about the > menus. The more cautious might want to stash a backup copy of the > appropriate config file(s) somewhere, especially of one's typing > (never great, and age has not improved) is a bit dodgy.