Re: Maybe wrong place for ?

Jim Shorney

Yes! There does seem to be a lack of intellectual curiosity regarding exploring the menu system of the software of the day and saying "oooh, what does THAT do?". I suppose people are afraid of breaking things. Whatever did hams do before the internet? With only a copy of the "handbook", our own ingenuity, and hopefully a helpful Elmer or two we still managed to get signals on the air! :D

73

-Jim
NU0C

On Sat, 05 Sep 2020 16:20:43 -0400
"Gary Woods" <garygarlic@earthlink.net> wrote:

I often find out useful things about software by rummaging about the
menus. The more cautious might want to stash a backup copy of the
appropriate config file(s) somewhere, especially of one's typing
(never great, and age has not improved) is a bit dodgy.