Re: Passing ACL database from a shortcut

Scott Davis

Thanks for your thoughts, suggestions and kind words on the software Tom.  Given the nature of some of the support questions I'm receiving, I'm not inclined to add that level of complexity, but I will give it some thought.

Thanks again!

From: Tom Roderick <tomrod3d@...>
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Sun, Aug 16, 2020 10:37 am
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Passing ACL database from a shortcut

I have been using ACL for years for both my regular log and for separate logs for nets which I call.  I always have to remember to change database after I start the program.  Would it be possible to pass the data base to use as a parameter on the command to start the program.  In this way separate shortcuts or links could be set up to start with the intended database.  I thought of this after upgrading this year to use the Field Day logging program and was able to set up two separate shortcuts and it was fantastic -- but of course that is for two different programs.  Thanks Scott, these are all really great programs. 73