Re: Log Message

K8TS

Thanks!

Looks like the software was just talking back to me and was not generated elsewhere.  I was doing s&p when it happened, and my “hot key” for my report and the ! are right next to each other.  Easily could have hit both.  No problem.  It all came out in the wash!

Dale K8TS

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Sunday, July 12, 2020 5:21 PM
To: N3FJPSoftwa.
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Log Message

That has happened to me before, yesterday I noticed it only happened once, and like Scott said I double tapped.

Ron N7RD

On Sun, Jul 12, 2020 at 1:05 PM Scott Davis via groups.io <SNKDavis=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi Dale,

Thanks for your e-mail.  Typically it takes less than 100 milliseconds for your log file to be updated.  There are two reasons you might see that error.

1.  When you entered the QSO, you very quickly double tapped the enter key.  If that is the case, all is well.

2.  Something unusual is causing a delay in entry such as a hardware / network delay, or Internet protection software delaying the entry of the previous QSO.

I hope that this helps.

Enjoy!

73, Scott

N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>
Sent: Sun, Jul 12, 2020 3:46 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Log Message

I got this message in a previous contest and did not think anything much about it.  Got it one or two times in IARU.

Paraphrasing:

“I am still working on previous entry, please try again”

This pops up when logging the qso.

???

I just kept trucking as there were other stations calling and did not want to waste time on a duplicate contact.

Other than that, everything worked flawless as expected.  Thanks for great programs!

Dale K8TS

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Join N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.