Re: IARU HF contest

Scott Davis

Hi Al,

Thanks for your e-mail.  IARU stations are one point, but if you originally entered them with the numerical zone, then the raw score had 5 points assigned (QSO points are assigned on entry).  If you then edited the QSO for the alphabetic identifier, but did not edit the points, that would be the most likely cause.

From: Al Duncan VE3RRD <ve3rrd@...>
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Sun, Jul 12, 2020 3:23 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] IARU HF contest

I used the latest version 4.8 of the ARRL IARU HF contest software for
the weekend contest and noticed that it indicated that I had made 113
contacts for 303 QSO points, and with 44 multipliers gave a total score
of 13332.

When I submitted my log to ARRL, it indicated 113 contacts for 293 QSO
points, and 44 multipliers for a total score of 12892.

Could the software not be counting QSO points per contact correctly in
some cases?

73

Al - VE3RRD