Re: VHF contest to LoTW

Lawrence (VA3IQ)

Just following up Scott.  Confirming that changing my localization to US worked.  Was able to transfer my RAC Canada Log to ACP, and then upload to LoTW and confirm, without any request to download missing records.

Thanks again for such excellent software.

73 de VA3IQ

Lawrence

On Fri, Jun 19, 2020 at 8:22 PM Scott Davis via groups.io <SNKDavis=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Thanks for the confirmation Lawrence.  Once the dust settles after Field Day I will definitely correct that.

Thanks again!

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Fri, Jun 19, 2020 7:00 pm
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] VHF contest to LoTW

Scott,

You nailed it.  I have the Date, time & regional formatting set as English (Canada).  The associated short date format is 2020-06-19.

Changing it to English (United States) changes the associated short date format to 6/19/2020.

Thanks again for your fantastic support.

73 DE VA3IQ

Lawrence

On Fri, Jun 19, 2020 at 11:45 AM Scott Davis via groups.io <SNKDavis=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Alex,

I don't have time to dig into the code now (all Field Days are crazy, but this Field Day is off the charts), but I suspect the contest software is using your Windows default date format in the API export format.

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Fri, Jun 19, 2020 11:40 am
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] VHF contest to LoTW

Thanks Scott, I see what you mean. The xxxx-xx-xx format originated in VHF Contest Log but I can't find a menu in there to change the date format. In AClog I have the default date format set to xxxx/xx/xx under Date Options.

I found I also don't actually have to change anything in AClog, as long as I right click on a QSO to open the edit page then hit enter to close it, it will then download properly from LoTW. I guess doing that fixes the date. Thankfully this is pretty quick as I've done it for about 300 QSOs already. I understand you will try to add some functionality to catch this during API transfer but if there is a way for me to avoid this going forward please let me know.

Cheers,
Alex VA3ASE

Join N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.