Re: Count Difference

Tom Job

Hi Larry and thanks…

Actually, through the menus of HRD Logbook v5, I added FT4, FT8 and a couple of others.  The program, of course, did not have those modes out of the box.  But, it works perfectly with JTAlert, WSJT-X and Digital Master in everyday use.  The very minor inconvenience of having to edit the log once a year is not a big deal for me.  I’ve used it for years and know it inside out.

I will have a look at ACLog and see what’s what.  But for now, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it! J

73….Tom VE3II

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io [mailto:N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io] On Behalf Of Larry Banks via groups.io
Sent: June 29, 2020 11:18
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Count Difference

Hi Tom,

I believe your issue is HRD.  That version doesn’t accept FT4 and is not ADIF compliant.  Why don’t you switch to ACLog?

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Sent: Monday, June 29, 2020 10:33

Hi Scott…

I was using v6.3of your FD logger, v2.2.2 of WSJT-x and v2.16.8 of JTAlert.  Also, the computer is a laptop with Windows 8.1 (updated). 

I will send you the adif file from your software so you can peruse it.  I’ll send it by a separate email, though, to the email on your website. J 

But looking at the adi file in your FD logger, it shows mode as MFSK and submode FT4.  But when I uploaded to HRD v5, it only captured the mode.  I am guessing that came from WSJT-X  I’ll send you that adi log, too, so that you can compare. 

I couldn’t find anything from JTAlert going to your software. 

73….Tom VE3II

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io [mailto:N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io] On Behalf Of Scott Davis via groups.io
Sent: June 29, 2020 10:08

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your follow up and report.  Which version of my Field Day software did you use?  In my Field Day software, what is the actual mode in the mode field that JTAlert inserted?

73, Scott

N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Mon, Jun 29, 2020 9:37 am

Just a quick update..I followed you instructions, Scott and that's all sorted now.  Thanks!

One thing I did notice when I uploaded the FD adif file to HRD v5, was that FT4 contacts were logged as MFSK16 in your software,  FT8 was showing as FT8 and I couldn't figure it out .  Finally, I looked at the log.adi file in WSJT-X and found that for the same logged time/date for the MFSK16 contacts, the freq was in the FT4 band, according to WSJT-X.  Fortunately it only effected about 40 contacts!  Not releshing a manual update x40, I did a Bulk Edit in HRD, highlighted only to the affected contacts and made them FT4.  All done and dusted in about 2 minutes

Not a huge issue for me, once I understood what happened and the quick fix.  I'm guessing that your software gets the MFSK16 from WSJT-X, as it's log files also showed MFSK16 for the mode, instead of FT4. I'll post on their group, too but thought you might want to know in case others blame your software :)

73....Tom VE3II

This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
www.avast.com

Join N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.