Re: Rig Control

James Artz

Hi Scott,
I got the software to control my rig, I played with the baud rate settings.
My question is this...will the frequency, power settings, band, etc now register when I log a QSO? If so, is there a video showing the proper setup? I am only using the Field Day software right now.
I want this info to export into my other logging software. If it doesn’t capture this info, the only use I see for rig control is to easily change a frequency. Are there any other features I am missing for rug control?
Thanks for your help!

On Wed, Jun 24, 2020 at 11:09 AM Scott Davis via groups.io <SNKDavis=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Jim,

Thanks for your e-mail.  I'm sorry that you've run into trouble.  I'm not familiar with Macs or the software you mentioned, but if it has control of the com port, my software won't be able to access it.  More details on that are here:

I hope that this helps!

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Wed, Jun 24, 2020 10:58 am
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Rig Control

I am trying to set up my KX3 for rig control, and it keeps saying Com4 is not available. I have set up MacLoggerDx on the mac side of my bootcamp, and it uses serial port.
What do I need to do to set up on the windows side of my bootcamp running Window 7 in this software?
Thank-you!
Jim
AC9QN

Join N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.