Re: Trying to set up FT-991 for rig control

Tom Job

It’s all there, Norm.  Laurie is using the RTTY program but they are the same settings.  Laurie even red-boxed the settings J

73….Tom

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io [mailto:N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io] On Behalf Of Norm Fasoletos
Sent: June 24, 2020 18:00
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Trying to set up FT-991 for rig control

On Wed, Jun 24, 2020 at 2:54 PM Tom Job <ve3ii@...> wrote:

There is also a complete how-to in the JTAlert help file…with pictures and step-by-step.  Very easy!!  It covers JTAlert, WSJT-X and Scott’s software and how to link them altogether.

73…Tom VE3II

Thanks Tom, I am working on that right now, hit a stumbling block however in JT Alert after Enable AC Logging.  Have Local PC Checked, however no TCP port is shown ,  no log file either .Maybe more info on JT Alert Help File ?

73. Norm - K7NWF 

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io [mailto:N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io] On Behalf Of Norm Fasoletos
Sent: June 24, 2020 17:20
To:
N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io

Thanks Scott, I will check it out and see if it helps...

Norm - K7NWF

On Wed, Jun 24, 2020 at 2:12 PM Scott Davis via groups.io <SNKDavis=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi Norm,

Thanks for your follow up.  If you configure my Field Day software with your digital programs as detailed in the following link, as you log the QSO in the digital software, it will be immediately logged in my software.  So, you will not need to transfer via ADIF, you will have immediate dupe checking, etc.

Enjoy Field Day!

73, Scott

N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
norm.k7nwf@...>
To:
Sent: Wed, Jun 24, 2020 5:06 pm

Hi Scott, so explain to me in simple terms what this software is going to do for me as compared to JT Alert which i use now. Looks like my contacts will not be auto logged using your software, I would have to manually enter the contacts. I plan on using FT8 for field day, so JT alert logs automatically and creates an ADI file.

What advantage do I gain from using your software unless doing SSB Phone?

Thanks,

Norm

On Wed, Jun 24, 2020 at 1:56 PM Scott Davis via groups.io <SNKDavis=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi Norm,

Thanks for your follow up.  If you are using the connected program to perform rig interface, from the N3FJP program menu options click Settings > Rig Interface and select None from the rig list.

If you are using rig interface from my software, to only have N3FJP Software respond to mode updates sent from the connected program, click Settings > Rig Interface. Under the Mode By options, select Don't Use. Also, check the check box that says "Don't send mode change with frequency".

Enjoy!

73, Scott

N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

norm.k7nwf@...>
To:
Sent: Wed, Jun 24, 2020 4:36 pm

Scott, tried some of the setting for Yaesu listed, got it to talk to the 991, however,now when i go back to WSJTX I have lost the com port i am using for the new software. I then unplug the usb cable from the computer, plug in back in, WSJTX is now working again, no problem. Now the new software says access denied to the port (same one that i set up originally) which is the same as the WSJTX. 

My next question, i am a little bit confused on how this software will work for me using WSJTX, along with JT Alert that does my logging and also having to manually log my contacts on n3JFP too. Am I missing something here?

Norm - K7NWF

On Wed, Jun 24, 2020 at 11:32 AM Scott Davis via groups.io <SNKDavis=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi Norm,

Thanks for your e-mail.  I don't have any Yaesu equipment here myself, but you will find the successful settings other 991 users have sent along here:

Enjoy!

73, Scott

N3FJP

norm.k7nwf@...>
To:
Sent: Wed, Jun 24, 2020 2:15 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Trying to set up FT-991 for rig control

Can't seem to get the FT-991 to talk to the N3FJP Field day software. This is my first set--up using this software so a little new at this. I have no problem running WSJTx with rig control, but no luck with the new software. Any help is appreciated.

Norm - K7NWF

This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
www.avast.com

Join N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.