Re: Problems Setting up Nov. Sweepstakes Program #newrelease

Tom Ellis

Robert,

Lets get the Winkeyer up and running first.

First, you need to determine which COM port the WinKeyer is using.

Go to Control Panel > Device Manager and expand the Ports (COM & LPT). Unplug your WinKeyer USB cable and see which port disappears. Reinstall the WinKeyer USB and see what new COM port appears.

This is the COM port you will be using in the Nov SweepStakes program.

Let me know if there is more information needed from you.

Tom

K5TEE

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io [mailto:N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io] On Behalf Of Robert Osness
Sent: Tuesday, June 23, 2020 12:59 PM
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Problems Setting up Nov. Sweepstakes Program #newrelease

Hi - I'm Robert Osness, AE7EE.  I have used the N3FJP Nov. Sweepstakes program annually for many years. This year I have hit the wall in trying to set up the software to use my WinKeyer USB 2 and W1GEE LCU-3I Rig Control Cable to communicate with my ICOM IC-7100.  I have four COM ports available, COM1, 3, 4 and 5.  I have tried using each of the four ports to set up the WinKeyer and Rig Interface, but nothing works. The WinKeyer setup attempt gives a Timed Out  response in every case.  

I remember having had this problem before, but I don't remember the solution. This time, I'll make notes.  Suggestions would be greatly welcomed!

Thanks,
Robert Osness 
RobertOsness@...

Join N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.