From: Michael WA7SKG
Sent: Sunday, June 21, 2020 20:37
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Rig Control Failure FD Mode with WSJT-X, N3FJP and JTAlert

When I try to start JTAlert first, I get a box that says "WSJT-X must be
running before JTAlert can continue." Also, all instructions regarding
N3FJP say it must be running before the digital program is started for
the logging API to work.

Michael WA7SKG

Larry Banks via groups.io wrote on 6/21/20 5:25 PM:
Hi Michael,

I start JTAlert and then have it start WSJT-X and then whichever N3FJP program I am using at the time, in that order. WSJT-X does the rig interfacing.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

-----Original Message----- From: Michael WA7SKG
Sent: Sunday, June 21, 2020 19:47
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io

Getting ready for Field Day. I have the latest versions of WSJT-X
(2.2.1), JTAlert (2.16.8), and N3FJP Field Day Log (6.3).

My understanding is to start N3FJP > WSJT-X > JTAlert in that order. I
have followed the various tutorials and instructions for setting these
up. When I start WSJT-X, I get a "Rig Control Error" box asking to set
up the rig parameters (IC-7300). These are all correct. Running WSJT-X
by itself is no problem. Only when N3FJP is running do I have an issue.

I am obviously missing something. Any suggestions as to what?