Re: VHF contest to LoTW

Lawrence (VA3IQ)

Scott,

Alex, VA3ASE’s symptoms are exactly what I experienced after the RAC Winter Contest and the CQ WPX contest earlier this year.

Records are uploaded from ACL.  After processing via LoTW they no longer match the records that are downloaded.   

As I described in my earlier post I am going to collect records/backups when I am processing the RAC Canada Day contest in a few weeks.  Hopefully I will find some elephant foot prints in the butter.

73 de VA3IQ

Lawrence

On Fri, Jun 19, 2020 at 5:41 AM Scott Davis via groups.io <SNKDavis=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Alex,

Thanks for your e-mail.  I'm sorry that you've run into trouble.  I transferred my VHF contest QSOs via API, upload to LoTW and all worked normally on download here as usual.  There have been no recent changes to the LoTW code whatsoever.

When you download records from LoTW, these are the only four fields that are checked for a match:

- The callsign must match the call of the station worked.
- The band must match the band of the station worked.
- The date and time in AC Log must match the date and time on the LoTW record.

For records downloaded from LoTW that are not being found in your log, one or more of the four criteria that are already in your log are not matching exactly.  Keep in mind that the date and time formats must match exactly, so to check the actual format, view the QSO records in the Edit window.

Please let me know what comes to light. 

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Thu, Jun 18, 2020 10:41 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] VHF contest to LoTW

Good evening,
I'm trying to import and confirm my QSOs from the ARRL VHF Contest and running into an issue.
I transferred the QSOs from VHF Contest Log into AClog using "Transfer via API" and everything looked fine. I then uploaded to LoTW as normal.

When I try to download "All since 2020/06/18" however I get the message that there are records not in my log and asking if I want to add them. If I choose "No" then virtually all of the contacts from the contest are ignored (except 5 strangely). Scrolling down the "Records Downloaded from LoTW" list I can see that these contacts are valid and match what I just uploaded. I can log into the LoTW website and see that everything matches there with my log too.

Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong here?

Alex VA3ASE

Join N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.