Re: ACLog (or contest logs) Command Line Options for Startup

Pat Whelton

Alleluias brother.  I hear ya.  That would be a great and badly needed update to the contest modules.  Very good idea.

Is there a command line option for ACLog (or the contest programs) that will disable rig control within ACLog upon startup?

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> On Behalf Of Marlo Montanaro - KA2IRQ
Sent: Sunday, June 7, 2020 3:39 PM
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] ACLog (or contest logs) Command Line Options for Startup

Hi all -

I use ACLog as my main logging program, but also do a bit of contest logging with various N3FJP logging programs.

I have all configured for rig control to work with my trusty little Kenwood TS-140S.  However, when using digital modes such FT8, the WSJT-X software needs absolute control of the serial port to the radio for rig control.  So, when I start ACLog, of course, I get a pop up error message that the software can't get to the serial port.  Click OK, all is well.

Is there a command line option for ACLog (or the contest programs) that will disable rig control within ACLog upon startup?  I also use JTAlert and it is configured to start both WSJT-X and ACLog at the same time.  Would be nice to have the whole suite of software start with no pop-ups.

It's a minor thing- call it "qualify of ham life" LOL!  If not, would be a worthy addition to a future release, in my opinion.

Thanks!
73,
Marlo - KA2IRQ