Re: ACL now locks up after logging a few contacts

Scott Davis

Hi Guys,

At worse case, on a REALLY slow machine over a network, it should not take more than 100 milliseconds to complete the logging sequence.  Saving to a local drive will be much faster than that.

Something is interfering with the software's access to your hard drive.

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Wed, Jun 3, 2020 4:33 pm
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] ACL now locks up after logging a few contacts

I don't think it's your PC.  You have a rocket ship compared to my horse and wagon and I didn't make any changes to my anti-virus program (TotalAV) so I doubt it's that, either.  I'd also get the message that the previous QSO wasn't logged.  I'd log it manually before rebooting.  I wish I had a definitive answer but that problem just went away and I didn't make any changes at all.  We do have rapid QSOs in common.  What if you just do a fresh reboot and log one fictitious QSO and then stop for 5 minutes?  See if the next entry logs without that message.  When this happened to me I had a huge pileup and I was having trouble keeping up with all the stations calling.  Since I had the issue about a week or two ago I've probably made over 1,000 QSOs w/o the message so it's not as if I just made a couple of entries. Yesterday I downloaded the new versions of WSJT-X and JT ALert and all is still OK. 

Good luck!

Chris  NU1O

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>
Sent: Wed, Jun 3, 2020 4:01 pm
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] ACL now locks up after logging a few contacts

Thank y'all for your replies.  I failed to mention that I get a box telling me that ACL had not properly logged the previous contact  and that I have a contact that has not been logged yet.when I try to shut down the program.  Only using Microsoft Defender and Malwarebytes. I reboot computer each night. Yes, it does happen after logging several contacts rapidly.  My internet speed is a  tested 240/MBS and processor is a Ryzen 5 3600X with 16 GB of 3600 RAM so I do not think my computer is to slow.  Connected with CAT6 cable from modem to computer.  73, Ray AA4EZ

Join N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.