Re: Logging CQ WPX CW

Scott Davis

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your follow up.  I would set up my strings this way for CQ WPX:

Running:

F!:  TEST N3FJP
F3:  TU N3FJP

Search & Pounce:

F4:  N3FJP
F5:  TU * #

In this case, when running a frequency, you would pres F1 to call CQ, Tab to send the F2 exchange and then Enter to send the F3 exchange and simultaneously enter the contact (note the serial has already been sent when tabbing).

For search and pounce, it would not be appropriate to associate the TU with pressing enter, as the running station has not yet acknowledged your reply.