Re: [N1MM+] N3FJP logger anomaly

Ken Bell

George

I'm going to try this 'fix' on my N3FJP/IC-7300 problem.  For me, N3FJP gets 'confused' usually after an hour or more of running.  It starts collecting 2x the number of characters in the data stream.  While 'confused' you can press the test button on the Interface page, it will grab the frequency and mode only once and then the stream gets 2x long again and N3FJP fails to follow the VFO or mode changes.   I have changed USB ports and cables, any/all settings, shut down and restarted the IC-7300, and even ripped out the USB driver by the roots and re-install and I get the same results. However, when I restart N3FJP (not Windows) the confusion goes away immediately, stream is the correct length, freq and mode are good.....  for another hour or so.

I don't mind restarting N3FJP, even in the middle of a contest, but it isn't obvious when it fails and on a hot contest, I usually end up with 5-6 contacts with the same (wrong) frequency and/or mode, which isn't only bad for me, but sometimes the guy on the other end of the QSO.

I have troubleshot this problem for days, but I usually have to wait an hour or so for it to fail, so progress has been slow.  You have just given me something else to check the next time it fails.

Good luck on your journey.

Ken - K4EES
CWOps #2389