Re: eQSL Callsign Matching

Scott Davis

Hi Mark,

The affect that it will have on LoTW confirmations will depend on how the person uploading set up his call in TQSL.  If you want the confirmation, when in doubt, it is always good to ask during the QSO.

From: Mark Erbaugh <mark.election@...>
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>
Sent: Tue, May 5, 2020 1:13 pm
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] eQSL Callsign Matching

I guess I should have been more specific. One station was N8GU/4 indicating that he was operating out of the call area. Another was OZ75MAY/73, which I think is related to a special or an operating event.

If I go back and remove the slashed info (and put it in the comment), will that mess up LoTW matches?

73,
Mark

From: "Mark Erbaugh" <mark.election@...>
Date: Tue, May 05, 2020 10:43 am
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io

I just started using eQSL with ACLog. I downloaded my inbox and noticed that a few calls were not matching and being flagged as confirmed by eQSL (with an E). In all cases, I think the problem was that I logged the contact with a /<extra> info, which is what the station was signing, but the record in the eQSL inbox didn't have the extra information.  Is there a way to make the match ignore the extra or should I not enter the extra. FWIW, ACLog had no problem properly identifying the country, although it did not properly find the HamCall record.

73,
Mark