Re: Updates

Scott Davis

Hi John,

Thanks for your e-mail.  Tom is correct (thanks Tom).  Once you have taken the installer downloaded from the web site, follow these instructions here:

http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html#q43

And here:

http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html#q11

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Mon, May 4, 2020 7:06 pm
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Updates

John,

You need to take the downloaded installer files and put them onto the flash drive, then use the flash drive to install the programs onto your laptop.

Tom
K5TEE

-----Original Message-----
From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io [mailto:N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io] On Behalf Of John via groups.io
Sent: Monday, May 04, 2020 3:59 PM
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Updates

I have two older computers, 1)  my base station has a Desk computer that is on line and has current versions of N3FJP software.  2) My second computer is a laptop that cannot connect to the web.  I want to use the laptop for portable ham operations.

Because the laptop cannot connect  to the web, I cannot download new versions or versions from N3FJP that I do not already have, like the recent NEQSOP.

I tried backing up the folder “affirmatech”on my Desk computer to a thumb drive, and loading the folder onto the web deaf laptop.

Everything seemed to load as normal except there is no executable program in affirmatech, no NEQSOP.

Is this a security problem? Is this a folder problem?  How can I load N3FJP software from my online Desk computer to my offline laptop?

Probably a cockpit problem on my side….

John Bescher, N4DXI

Join N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.