Re: Unable to install N3FJP disk

Lance

Scott, 
Thanks for the info. The txt file was listed but I still had the problem so I looked around and found in the file tab; download county list file. Hit that and that solved my problem. Yippee. 
Now I have to figure out how to run rig interface with an automatic antenna tuner in line.
Lance Jaggar KD7AKE 

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------
Date: 5/3/20 04:42 (GMT-07:00)
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Unable to install N3FJP disk

Thanks All,

I also double checked UTGAR and it is accepting it here as well.

Capture.JPG

Lance, if you are sure you have the correct program, while the 7QP software is closed, using Window File Manager, navigate to:

C:\Users\YourWindowsUserProfle\Documents\Affirmatech\N3FJP Software\7QP-QSO-Party

And make sure 7QPCounties.txt exists (and is not locked by your Internet Protection software or Windows security settings).  If blocked, correct your security settings.  If missing, add the file attached to this e-mail.

Regarding the tuner, sorry, I'm not familiar with the equipment you mentioned.  Hopefully others will have more insights there.

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sat, May 2, 2020 11:18 pm

Lance,

On question #2 did you download the In region or out of region program. I just downloaded the in region and it allowed me to enter UTGAR as the 5 Char Abbr.
For question #1, do you have a splitter for the CAT cable and have you gone into the radio and set it to CAT on the port.

Tom
K5TEE

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io [mailto:N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io] On Behalf Of Lance
Sent: Saturday, May 02, 2020 8:05 PM

Scott, 
I am having some problems with the software, I have checked out FAQ and other options so I need help.
1. I have the  LDG Y100 auto tuner and I can't get the interface cable to work my rig thru the software. 
2. On 7QSO contest the software won't allow me to set my county on setup. It keeps saying to put a valid county, ie, UTGAR.
Thanks Lance Jaggar KD7AKE 

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------
Date: 5/2/20 11:44 (GMT-07:00)

Hi John,

Thanks for your e-mail.  I'm sorry that you've run into trouble.  Installation on XP and Win 8 (all Windows for that matter) is identical.  Instructions are on the CD, but in short, just start Windows File Manager, navigate to the program on the CD you wish to install and then double click the setup file.

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sat, May 2, 2020 12:50 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Unable to install N3FJP disk
Scott and all,

I  bought from your full disk a while ago - nearly 2 months.

I installed it on my XP machine.  Except for a bunch of operator problems works great.  Still getting used to it.

Try to install it on my Win 8.1 machine.  Load the CD which reads it but it never asks me to install it.  Nothing happens.

Went to the controls setting and set it to ask me each time is installed - nothing happens.

Turned on AUTOPLAY too but nothing happens.

Any ideas.  I am not a guru on this stuff by any means.

73 de N2MTG 

John

Join N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.