Re: Got Processor Working

Scott Davis

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your follow up.  I think you are letting the web stuff make this seem more complicated than it is.  Forget about the web for a moment and think of it like this:

1.  Each station writes their own separate, uniquely named file of their individual totals.

2.  The processor reads each of their files and combines the totals into one file.

3.  The processor publishes the grand total file for all in your club to see.

That's it.

In our group, we have created a members folder on our web site where most everyone publishes their individual scores (some have their own hosting space they publish to, and that is fine too).  A small snippet looks like this:

Capture.JPG

When you add the links in the club score processor to the files you want it to process, those are the files you are giving it a path to.

Capture2.JPG

And the result is the totals page:

That's all there is to it.

Get one or two of your buddies to do an upload with a couple test records from the Field Day software from their respective homes, so you have some files to work with.  Then set the processor do its thing.  Once you see it, you will understand.