Re: DELEWARE QSO OUT OF STATE

Christopher Scibelli

It's not Scott's software but why not just use N1MM for the Delaware QP?  It's be a lot simpler than trying to jury-rig some program not deigned for the DE QP and its free.

Chris  NU1O

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>
Sent: Wed, Apr 29, 2020 12:34 pm
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] DELEWARE QSO OUT OF STATE

Big difference between 110 baud and 100Mbps transmission speed.

-------- Original Message --------
Date: Wed, April 29, 2020 11:07 am
To: <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>

Mike I know I’m not supposed to carry on conversations in this reflector “but” I have to respectfully disagree with your suggestion.   Have you checked out the length of the footer on Scott’s support messages?  At last count the footers are 25 lines long (including lines and spaces).  In the old days that would have really been frowned upon.  At least by BBS operators anyway.

Regards,

Pat – KZ5J

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike Olbrisch
Sent: Wednesday, April 29, 2020 9:55 AM
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io

Suggestion Scott.  Make it policy that all support is handled through the reflector.  Then those of us capable can try to head off the easy ones.

Another idea – somewhere in the header or footer of each message, insert a line that says

“N3FJP HELP FILES are available at http://www.SomeDomain.xyz”.

Of course, I haven’t the slightest clue, that may make it even worse.  Just tryin to be helpful.

Stay safe, stay healthy!

Mike.

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> On Behalf Of Scott Davis via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, April 29, 2020 8:38 AM

Hi Mike,

I very, very much appreciate all who chime in and help here!  It makes a big difference and I can't thank you enough!

Unfortunately, e-mail via this support group only represents a small percentage of my daily e-mail support volume.

Thanks again!

Enjoy!
73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

Sent: Wed, Apr 29, 2020 10:32 am
Sorry about the Support load Scott.  Some of us try to head off the stuff we know.  But no one is as expert as you.  Without your direct intervention several years ago, I would have been stuck on version 3.x until I changed computers.  Who would have ever suspected a missing FONT would cause a failure to load!

Stay safe, stay healthy.  We’ll continue to help when we can.

Mike – KD5KC -- El Paso -- Texas.

The canyons are calling, colorful and deep.  But I have promises to keep.
And miles to go still in my Jeep...   And miles to go still in my Jeep...

ADVENTURE:  The respectful pursuit of trouble.

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> On Behalf Of Scott Davis via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, April 29, 2020 8:19 AM

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your e-mail.  I had hoped to support DE again (I used to, but had to drop DE support after a rule change) before their contest this time, but with all the other projects, and especially the daily, overflowing support e-mail volume, there just hasn't been close to an opportunity for the coding time required.

Please see this FAQ here:

Enjoy!
73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

Sent: Wed, Apr 29, 2020 9:07 am
Hey Scott,
What software would you suggest for me being in Delaware and operating the QSO party.
Dave KC3AM
On 04/28/2020 16:24, Scott Davis via groups.io wrote:
Hi Mel,

Thanks for your e-mail.  Sorry, I don't currently support the DE party at this time.

73, Scott
N3FJP

To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>
Sent: Tue, Apr 28, 2020 3:44 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] DELEWARE QSO OUT OF STATE
I am unable to locate the deleware out of state qso part logging program

Mel
NE9A
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] ASlog w/ fldigi crashes on TX
Date: Tue, April 28, 2020 11:01 am

Agreed,  I have been working on that,  still, cant see how it worked so well so long before problem arose.  have lots of chokes. obviously need more.
--
73, Dave KC3AM

Join N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.