Re: ACLog Database

Scott Davis

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your e-mail.  Mike  has the right idea.  Here is the sequence from my FAQ page:

http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html#q11

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Sun, Apr 26, 2020 5:08 pm
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] ACLog Database

If I understand this, you want to WIPE OUT the present log file in your portable computer, and then import the log file from your main computer to the portable computer.  I do that all the time.  If I have it understood correctly – EASY!

Just for safety, on the portable computer do this.

FILE à EXPORT ADIF à WHOLE LOG.   Give it a distinctive name like PORTABLE LOG BACKUP, save it to a place you’ll remember.

NEXT.

FILE à RESER COUNTER à enter 0 (ZERO) and click OK.  This step will wipe out your log without changing anything else.  Even the log name is the same.

From your main computer, type the following.

FILE à EXPORT ADIF à WHOLE LOG.   Give it a meaningful name, and save it in a place where the portable computer can grab it.  Example, MS OneDrive, Drobox, a USB drive etc…..

On the portable computer do this.

Click FILE à IMPORT ADIF à  find the file you just saved from the main computer, and import it.

That should do it for you.

Mike – KD5KC -- El Paso -- Texas.

The canyons are calling, colorful and deep.  But I have promises to keep.
And miles to go still in my Jeep...   And miles to go still in my Jeep...

ADVENTURE:  The respectful pursuit of trouble.

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> On Behalf Of James Tills
Sent: Sunday, April 26, 2020 14:31 PM
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] ACLog Database

I have ACLog on two computers. One is my master that I send all LOTW entries from. The other is used with my backup radio when it is used in the field. After I use it, I copy the new entries and load them into my master. Since the secondary ACLog does not get everything the master gets, I want to delete all the records in the secondary ACLog and then reload it from records from the master. I don't want to uninstall the secondary ACLog because I don't want to have to redo the settings. What files could I delete in the secondary ACLog that removes all the records currently there, so I could then copy all the records from the master back into it?  Thanks   Jim  W7JWT

Join N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.