Re: Rate display, FQP in-state

Scott Davis

Thanks so much for you kind words and great report Dave!

Congratulations on the super run! Anytime your rate is nearing or passes 100 Qs per hour, you know you are cooking!!!!  Those are really fun moments for sure!

From: Dave <daveb@...>
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Sat, Apr 25, 2020 10:24 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Rate display, FQP in-state

During the last hour of tonight's session of the Fla QSO party, I decided to go to the low end (CW) and call CQ, and maybe work a few stations before going to bed.

After a few minutes it sounded like the receiving end of a rare DX pileup.... but it was me!

After the love was over, and it got close to 10 o'clock, I saw that the "time" column had multiple entries with the same time, 2, 3, or 4 with the same time stamp. I knew that it was going fast, but didn't realize it until I plotted the rate, at View/Graph...  At the far right end it was a jagged graph that quickly went to 120 -- that is, 120-per-hour. That was an amazing thing, and I'm not sure if I have done that before.

The only reason I'm putting this here is to say that the program performed flawlessly. I was never waiting for it to catch up, never wondering what to press, or anything. It just worked.

You really have to love that.

A happy N3FJP user for over 15 years......

73, look for me on the air,
Dave KZ1O

[just for reference, the software is running on a garden variety Win10 Dell all-in-one, to an IC-7100 and a Winkeyer USB. For SSB I'm using the built-in voice keyer of the 7100.)]