Re: Remove duplicates

Scott Davis

Hi Charlie,

Thanks for your e-mail.  I'm sorry that you have run into trouble.  I don't know of any way the number of duplicates could be increasing when manually deleting individual records.  Please send me a copy of your log file direct, with an example of an additional duplicate that occurred after you deleted it and I will take a look.

To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Fri, Apr 24, 2020 10:48 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Remove duplicates

Hello, i've looked through a bunch of topics on removing duplicate contacts and can't find an answer to my problem.
I see that i have over 200 duplicate contacts in my log. It started out at about 40 and everytime i try to remove them the number increases. When i come across them in my log i delete them manually, but if i try to do from the menu that's when they increase. The only way i find them is if i happen upon them if im making another contact with that person. Is there a way to fix this or i just have to let it be? I tried from the file menu but it doesn't work .
                                                      Thanks so much for your help and time.  Charlie  W3CWT