73
Carl Berry, KC5CMX
AEC Marion County FL ARES

On Apr 24, 2020, at 6:37 PM, David Walk <dtwalk@...> wrote:

I use this function extensively with no problems.  However, I am using a Yaesu radio.  Are you using for SSB or CW?  SSB is just pointing to an audio recorded file.  However, I am using a SignaLink as the audio interface.  Strange the F1 key works but not the others; the convention is the same.

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io [mailto:N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io] On Behalf Of Carl KC5CMX
Sent: Friday, April 24, 2020 4:14 PM
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] F Key interface USB B/RIGtalk (West mountain radio)

I have tried for YEARS to get this software to work with the F keys and finally got to tinkering with it.
Setup: IC7300, USB B = COM PORT 5, Now set up for the CW/Phone F keys
CAT CIV interface set on COM PORT 3 for rig control plugged into the jack on the back of the radio where it belongs.
The F key for F1 works but none of the other buttons will key the radio Rig Name = Icom

Read Frequency Command = FE FE 94 E0 03 FD

Read Mode Command = FE FE 94 E0 04 FD

Convert To Hex = True

Com Port Name = COM3

Baud Rate = 9600

Parity = None

Stop Bits = 1

Data Bits = 8

Power Option = None

Numeric Frequency = 14.019

String Frequency = 14.01900

Mode = CW

Polling Rig = True

Polling Rate = 2000

Return Mode = True

Return Frequency = True

Mode From Frequency = False

Version = Rig Interface Setup 2.8    (Ctrl R)

Buffer = þþ”àýþþà”

Buffer Converted from HEX = FE FE 94 E0 03 FD FE FE E0 94 03 00 90 01 14 00 FD

Did I miss something?
Thanks
KC5CMX