Chris -

I'm new to posting to the group so didn't know the rules.  Please EXCUSE ME.  I won't post anymore.

K1ESE

On Wed, Apr 15, 2020 at 11:02 AM Christopher Scibelli via groups.io <nu1oscar=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
I think you'd be better off with an actual WInkeyer, John.

Scott, has stated many times that just answering user's questions is a full-time job. I wouldn't look for software changes unless there is an actual bug in a program, but I'll let him reiterate if he elects to do so.

73,

Chris  NU1O

-----Original Message-----
From: John Huffman <hjohnc@...>
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>
Sent: Wed, Apr 15, 2020 10:21 am
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Using CWops CWT Logger

This morning I tried the CWops CWT Logger for the first time.  I'm using the Flex SmartSDR CAT as a virtual Winkeyer.  My notes -

The SmartSDR CAT virtual Winkeyer does not allow extra spacing to be embedded in the message.  I can't add half a space between the ESE in my callsign.  I may just go back to a real Winkeyer.

I couldn't find the keyboard shortcut for "go to next spot" on the band map.  I did find where you can make that the default action after each QSO but didn't try it.

If you have TAB-SENDS-MESSAGE enabled you don't have to use the TAB key.  Enter a call, press SPACE BAR, enter or check the exchange received, hit ENTER.  SPACE BAR is easier to find than the TAB key.

The API transfer to AC Log is outstanding.

My wish list -  In other contest loggers when TSM is enabled, you have the option of starting the F2 (exchange) message automatically after a given number of callsign characters – you then complete the callsign while the exchange is being sent.  This is a huge advantage for those of us who type a bit slowly.  It would make CWops CWT Logger and the other N3FJP contest loggers perfect for me.

73,
K1ESE
John