Re: Win4K3 Integration

Pat Whelton

Instead of writing down what’s stored in the F-Keys may I suggest using labels on top of the F-Keys.  I’ve had the same labels on my keyboard for at least 5 years maybe more.  Several years ago we even used a paper template my son made with an Exacto knife that surrounded the F-Keys.  The labels are a much cleaner way to go in my opinion.

Here’s what my labels say:

F1    TEST

F2    KZ5J

F3    5NN #

F4    #

F5    $5NN#

F6    TU

F7    ?

F8    $? (I use this one a lot when running and only get a partial call)

F9    AGN

F10  CL?

F11  NBR?

If I’m not mistaken Scott has even put in a feature where if you log the station it will automatically issue some of these functions for you.  Being a country boy from Galveston I haven’t figured out the automatic part yet but I’m happy with the labels.

Just a suggestion on the labels.  YMMV.

Regards,

Pat – KZ5J