Re: MSQP - Log Submission Requirements

Scott Davis

Hi Megin,

Thanks for your e-mail.  The Cabrillo file format specification doesn't provide fields for that level of detail (QSO points and multipliers).  Even the claimed score, which my software does provide, is an optional field in the Cabrilllo spec, that isn't required for submittal.  

State QSO party sponsors use log checking software to calculate all the scoring values from the Cabrillo files they receive.  Very few require anything other than the Cabrillo file.  I've supported the MS QSO Party for a good while now and I've not ever had a problem report on the Cabrillo file my software creates.

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Wed, Apr 8, 2020 9:32 am
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] MSQP - Log Submission Requirements

For the Mississippi QSO Party we have the following log submission requirements:

Each log must include a scoring summary showing the number of QSOs points, the multiplier,
and score. Logs without a scoring summary will be considered as a check log.
Exporting via adif or cabrillo does not bring in the scoring summary.  Is there something else we can do to bring in that information with our log?

73, Megin, K5IJ

Join N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.