FDnet 1.7

Eddie Wallace <kg4efr@...>

Our group ran into a simular problem during FD 2002. The five
computers were not using a common referance for log timing.

When planning started for our FD 2003 event, we knew that having 10
computers would only make the problem worse.
http://home.mchsi.com/~kg4efr/fd/2003/photos/

I did some looking on the net and found server/client software that
uses a single GPS unit to sync all the computers in a workgroup to the
same time (give or take a billionth of a second). The software worked
great. ClockWatch Star Sync and the client are shareware, and can be
downloaded at http://www.beaglesoft.com/stsyhome.htm

Maybe we could talk Scott into a time keeper upgrade to the contest
network software???

73, Eddie KG4EFR