Re: DING!

Scott Davis

Hi Dale,

Thanks for your e-mail.  My software checks for valid callsigns on entry and alerts you when you attempt to enter a call that does not have a number in the second or third position.

In the case of state QSO parties, mobile /  rover stations will often append the county they are now in, to let you know if they are in a new county, so that you can work them again.  This is not part of their call sign and you should not be entering the country abbreviation in the Call field, just the call sign.

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Sat, Apr 4, 2020 9:57 am
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] DING!

Every time I enter a callsign in the logsheet entry field which has no number in the portable prefix, I get a big ding. I get another big ding when I click DONE to log the entry. Apparently, ACL has a problem with no number in the portable prefix. It is what the station sent me—and everyone else he worked, and which LOTW recognizes as a valid portable prefix. Can this be fixed? Either by me or the ACL powers-that-be.

Dale, kg5u

Join N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.