Re: Addresses

Scott Davis

Hi Harry,

Thanks for your follow up.  You can disable the option to place the address in the Comments field from the Callbook menu tree.  The address is not retrieved from the Comments field when you print your addresses.

Please see my previous reply, which answers the rest:

https://groups.io/g/N3FJPSoftwareUsers/message/40954

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Fri, Apr 3, 2020 7:29 pm
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Addresses

Thank you David,

I did spend several hours looking at the FAQ’s and watching videos. Still no luck, in fact, I may be a bit more confused. Apparently the address info goes in the “Comments” column. Nowhere can I find how “comments” came to define address. In some of my imported files I have actual comments in the comment file. Could these be preventing the column from importing addresses? Should I delete all of them, and lose a little history?

Under “Edit” there is no selection for address. There is a “QTH group” that can be selected but I have no idea of what that means.

I would be happy to click on each callsign if that would make the program attach the desired information. Right now, it won’t.

BTW, I did manually add a contact this morning, W1AW. It worked and came up with a mailing address in the “Comments” column.

I really need this to work, I have a lot of QSL’s that I want to mail and I need names and addresses.

Harry K1RSA

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> On Behalf Of David Rounds
Sent: Friday, April 3, 2020 2:24 PM
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Addresses

Regarding documentation for N3FJP ACL, select the Help menu then select "View OnLine Help".  If more detailed help is needed, click the [Yes] button.

David
AK9F
On 4/3/2020 11:54 AM, Harry White wrote:
Hi All,

Complete newbie here. I’ve imported all my contacts into ACLog. Few have addresses. What do I need to do to have the program add the addresses? Then I’ll need to print the labels. How is that done? I’ve searched the YouTube videos but found nothing. I cannot find a manual for the program. Can anyone help?
Harry K1RSA

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Join N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.