Re: DX Spotting

Pat Whelton

Mal.  I think you want to “remove” the check from “Digital Modes”.  Give that a try.

Pat – KZ5J

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> On Behalf Of Malcolm Pelham
Sent: Thursday, April 2, 2020 9:32 PM
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] DX Spotting

Well I am still unable to spot DX stations on FT8.  I remember when I first upgrade to 6.6 it worked like a charm.  Here’s what I have checked off in “More Filtering:”

Only display DX spotted by stations that are located in: checked NO Filter

Digital modes:  Checked

Those are the only things checked.

Any ideas?

Malcolm Pelham

WF5K

On Apr 2, 2020, at 3:56 PM, Malcolm Pelham via groups.io <malcolm.pelham@...> wrote:

Thanks I will check that out.  I did get it to work with a CW DX spot last night.

I was wondering whether or not virus protection software might have some sort of effect on it.  Maybe the Firewall, but I am not as computer literate to figure that out.

Thanks for the help.

Malcolm Pelham

WF5K

On Apr 1, 2020, at 7:27 AM, Pat Whelton <pwhelton@...> wrote:

Hi Mel.  Not sure this will help or not but it might be worth checking out.  I grew tired of all the FT4 and FT8 spots that kept hitting DX spots and was hoping there was a way to block them.  Scott made a change sometime within the last year or so to block all the FT4/FT8 and I’ve been a happy camper ever since.  It’s possible that somehow your settings got changed to block these unwanted spots.

You can check by going to:

  • Settings
  • DX Spotting
  • Configure
  • More Filtering
  • Under More Filtering place a check mark by “Block Digital”.

After making this change it got rid of all the stuff above 14.080 and made the DX spots a whole lot more meaningful for me.  For some reason the FT4/FT8 folks feel they have to spot every contact they make.

You may have a totally different problem but it might be worth looking into.

Good luck.

Pat – KZ5J