Re: One LoTW conformation are not being downloaded

Scott Davis

Hi Nickus,

Thanks for your e-mail.  I'm sorry that you have run into trouble.  That is really unusual and there have been no changes to the LoTW code, which has been solid for years, though there was one similar report yesterday.

Here is the criteria.  Since the record is coming down on download, only 3-5 apply:

1. Your records must be successfully uploaded to LoTW.
2. Your records must be successfully downloaded from LoTW

3. The callsign must match the call of the station worked.
4. The band must match the band of the station worked.
5. The date and time in AC Log must match the date and time on the LoTW record.

Note that to speed processing, once AC Log finds a match, it doesn't continue searching your log for more matches, so if you have two contacts with the same station on the same band at the same time (such as working county line stations in a state QSO party), only one of the QSOs will be automatically marked.  When that occurs, just edit the unmarked contact and mark it manually.

If the call, band, date and time are matching, they should be marked.  I would love to know why it is not.

In any case, you can mark it manually.  Just be sure to put an L for the Confirmed By designation.

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Tue, Mar 31, 2020 6:57 am
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] One LoTW conformation are not being downloaded

Hi all
Yesterday I noticed my confirmed countries on LoTW doesn't match up with ACL, this despite trying to download all data a couple of times.

Weird thing is, it only seams to be this one contact, LoTW shows it as confirmed, but it doesn't update the contact to confirmed in ACL.

Any idea why this might be? Obviously I can manually mark it as confirmed by LoTW, but this kind of defeats the point, it's supposed to do it automatically.

Nickus - ZS6J

Join N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.