Re: Field Day Question

Scott Davis

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your e-mail.  Great question!  I've not tried it myself, but I have received good reports from users implementing cloud storage options, though I don't know how that has worked with multiple connections at a time (or if anyone has ever even tried multiple stations to a common log file on the cloud at once).  

I'm not set up on the cloud myself, but if someone has some storage they would be willing to share with this e-mail group (or a very small subset of it that we could coordinate off line) to test the functionality, with multiple folks logging to a common file at once, that would be a really interesting test.

That said, it would not be applicable for Field Day, given this Field Day rule (4.1 specifically) here:

All equipment (including antennas) must lie within a circle whose diameter does not exceed 300 meters (1000 feet). 

Our group has already begun discussing and encouraging our members to set up / enhance our home emergency power backup systems (generators, batteries, solar, etc.) and plan to operate 1E (home station, emergency power) this year for 2020 Field Day.

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Mon, Mar 30, 2020 6:35 am
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Field Day Question

Good morning
Is there a way to have an remote data’s file for multiple ops to log in like at field day?

My thinking is we may have to work from home and to try to limit dups as we log trying to use just a club call.
Maybe even have a at home virus category
6V = 6 at home ops

K2fy

Join N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.