locked Re: CQ WPX SSB Prep!

Lou Everett, Sr.

What you using for a radio?

Lou. WA5LOU

On Sat, Mar 28, 2020 at 2:23 PM Pat Whelton <pwhelton@...> wrote:

They are all at the other end of the band participating in the contest.  I’ve been trying off and on to participate but I’m starting to detest SSB contests more and more.  I have a big problem tuning SSB in.  I’ll try to hit them low, hit them high, hit them on frequency and I have a difficult time tuning them in.  They all sound like ducks to me.  Working into Europe sometimes can be a challenge but sometimes they are in the bag with one shot.  South America is crazy as they will be 80 over S9 and they can’t hear a damn thing Donald Duck or not.  It takes a lot of time and effort to put a South American in the log.  You talk about deaf.

The moral is give me CW anytime.

Pat – KZ5J

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> On Behalf Of Christopher Scibelli via Groups.Io
Sent: Saturday, March 28, 2020 1:16 PM
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] CQ WPX SSB Prep!

With millions of Americans home I'm surprised by the lack of hams on HF.  In Western MA., where I live, I think I am about the only ham on 20 meters.

I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't a big jump in contestants for WPX, but we shall see.

Chris  NU1O

-----Original Message-----
To: n3fjpsoftwareusers@groups.io <n3fjpsoftwareusers@groups.io>
Sent: Fri, Mar 27, 2020 5:22 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] CQ WPX SSB Prep!

Hi All,

With so many of us home, it sounds like there are going to be a LOT of participants in CQ WPX SSB this weekend!

As always, before you begin operating in this weekend's contest, please take a moment and review this pre contest checklist.  Most of the contest support questions I receive are from those who haven't.  I use it myself, every time.

The software for this weekend's contest is here:

And the CQ WPX rules are here:

I hope to work you!

Enjoy the contest!

73, Scott

N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

--
Lou WA5LOU

Join N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.