locked Re: CQ WPX SSB Prep!

Mike Olbrisch

Oh, I don’t know……..   guess it depends on where you look.  Over the past couple of days I’ve put over 70 contacts into the log, and I’m not really trying.  Mostly SOTA summits (39 of them).   In fact, I’ve gotten tired of sitting here on HF, going to run out to the JEEP and finish installing the new GMRS radio so it is ready for the next big expedition.  Whenever that is.

I had reason to text my nephew Andreas (Andy-DO5AL) this morning and he was deep into the contest there in Northern Bavaria.

Mike – KD5KC -- El Paso -- Texas.

The canyons are calling, colorful and deep.  But I have promises to keep.

And miles to go still in my Jeep...   And miles to go still in my Jeep...

ADVENTURE:  The respectful pursuit of trouble.

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> On Behalf Of Christopher Scibelli via Groups.Io
Sent: Saturday, March 28, 2020 12:16 PM
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] CQ WPX SSB Prep!

With millions of Americans home I'm surprised by the lack of hams on HF.  In Western MA., where I live, I think I am about the only ham on 20 meters.

I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't a big jump in contestants for WPX, but we shall see.

Chris  NU1O

-----Original Message-----
To: n3fjpsoftwareusers@groups.io <n3fjpsoftwareusers@groups.io>
Sent: Fri, Mar 27, 2020 5:22 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] CQ WPX SSB Prep!

Hi All,

With so many of us home, it sounds like there are going to be a LOT of participants in CQ WPX SSB this weekend!

As always, before you begin operating in this weekend's contest, please take a moment and review this pre contest checklist.  Most of the contest support questions I receive are from those who haven't.  I use it myself, every time.

The software for this weekend's contest is here:

And the CQ WPX rules are here:

I hope to work you!

Enjoy the contest!

73, Scott

N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

Join N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.