Re: Icom 7300 Filter 2 Selected Automatically?

Scott Davis

Hi Chuck,

Thanks for your e-mail.  My software doesn't send any filter commands whatsoever.  Icom rigs change filtering when they receive a new mode command.  You can select the options on the rig interface form to not send mode commands (I use the option for CW).

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Sat, Mar 28, 2020 11:23 am
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Icom 7300 Filter 2 Selected Automatically?

Chuck,

I understand that this is not a CW contest, but have you tried, in the rig interface setup, checking the box “Don’t send CW mode change if on CW (so CW filters won’t reset)”?

Tom
K5TEE

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io [mailto:N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io] On Behalf Of Chuck Chamblee, W4LAC
Sent: Saturday, March 28, 2020 8:35 AM
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Icom 7300 Filter 2 Selected Automatically?

Using the CQ WPX Contest software with my Icom 7300, I noted that every time I tune to a frequency using the DX Spotting panel, the rig always switches to "FIL2". If I manually toggle it to FIL1, then change frequencies by clicking a spotted frequency again the rig switches to FIL2 again.  Is this by design?  Can it be configured to stay on FIL1?

--
W4LAC

Join N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.