AC log settings

kc6mie

I’ve posted questions about this before but trying to have a better understanding of what is going on. Can you use AC log to log contacts when AC log is connected to a radio and that radio is not on. In rig settings when the AC log is on just to log contacts I have these settings:
Connection power - none
Mode - don’t use

When I use the radio and AC log the settings are these:
Connection power - RTS
Mode - Rig

Frequently when I’m using AC log (not connected to a rig) it won’t let me select a band or freq. it reverts back to what ever freq and band it was.

I think I’ve missed a setting somewhere. I understand that come from the rig but if the rig is not on??
Thanks and I hope I made this clear.
Stephen

Stephen Spencer