Re: Getting band data to WSJT-X

Roy Jackson

I run Win4Icom Suite, which has a virtual server that allows me to have up to 6 virtual ports open. With this setup I can run my general logging program, WSJT-X and JTAlert all at the same time. All programs are able to share information with the rig. I think it costs $60 US now to register, but you can download it and try it for 30 days for free.

Roy G. Jackson KW4G Sebring, Florida USA

On 3/25/2020 11:16 AM, Bob Applegate wrote:
Unfortunately only one piece of code can open the COM port at a time.  If WSJT-X opens it then ACLog won’t get able to get data from the rig.  That’s okay for digital, but makes things manual for other modes.  I was hoping the various pieces of software would be able to exchange information about the radio’s status through a central program.

Bob

On Mar 25, 2020, at 10:01 AM, Mel Marcus <melm@...> wrote:

wouldn't the wsjt-x have to also be taking to the K3?

Mel
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Getting band data to WSJT-X
From: "Bob Applegate" <bob@...>
Date: Wed, March 25, 2020 8:42 am
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io

I’ve got WSJT-X, JTALert and ACLog all working nicely together except for one annoying issue: the band has to be manually set in WSJT-X. Needless to say, I’ve uploaded more than a few QSOs to LoTW with the wrong band.

Is there a way to configure the three programs so that ACLog provides the band data since it is the only application directly talking to my K3?

Thanks

Bob - K2UT