Re: history

Scott Davis

Hi Rino,

Thanks for your follow up.  Each time you open an applicable contest program, such as the CW Ops software, a shared file named ContestHistory.txt is read.  As always, when you tab from the Call field, the software will first check to see if you have worked the same station on another band during this contest and fill the pertinent exchange fields.  If you enabled the use of the history file and you haven't worked the station during this contest, the software will check the history file and fill any fields for which it finds data.

This history file is updated automatically when you close each program.  As you use the various N3FJP Software contest programs, your history file will build automatically.  If, for example, a state is exchanged in one program, it will be available in the next, even if you are using the second program with the history file feature for the first time.

In short, each time you use the CW Ops software, your history file will build.

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>
Sent: Fri, Mar 20, 2020 12:35 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] history

Hi Scott, I did what you told me, I activated the history but I do not have any history, is there a way to add the CWops  info to the CWops contest log ? I have tried update cause I thought the update was link to the CWops page but it’s not the case. Thank.

Rino, ve9vic

Join N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.