From: Mike Saeger <mike.saeger@...>
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Mon, Mar 16, 2020 4:24 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] New Feature(s)

I spent the weekend using the WIQP log. Prefer it to N1MM -- but, there are 2 features of N1MM I wish I had back.

**  Thanks for using my software.  I'm really happy you liked it!  :)

  1. I operate Search and Pounce (S&P). I listen, enter the log info into the log -- work  the station -- Press Enter to Log the Q. Sometimes though, the pileup is just too large and I click on another station on my panadapter planning to come back later. Once I change frequency, N1MM erases the log entry. I like that. Could your log do that too?
**  I don't have any Flex equipment here, so my ability to code for the panadapter specifically is limited.  My software interfaces with Flex via their DLL.  If you click on a spot on my software's band map, my software will clear the previous call and tune immediately to the spot frequency.
  1. When I click on a frequency on the panadapter, N1MM displays the station you already worked on that frequency. If I am Searching & Pouncing, I then don't waste time waiting for the "running" station to ID -- I go merrily on my way. I think N1MM remembers if you actually worked the station before and might use a color code to remind you to either skip this station or you waited around before (see above) and didn't work him.
**  For the band map, on the DX Spotting set up form, click the More Filter button and then enable the option to block duplicates.  Again, I understand that you are asking about the panadapter.  If I ever wind up with a rig with a panadapter, I will see what I can do.

Thanks again for your suggestions!

**  Enjoy!

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...
Your answer could be -- well then use N1MM -- OK I could do that, but if you ever add this feature to your log it would be about perfect!

Mike N9MS